american eyeglasses are overpriced. Stupidly, ridiculously, taking-advantage-of-you overpriced.
I haven't told enough people about
http://zennioptical.com/
They have basic frames starting at 8 bucks. Yep, that's it. That's likely less than your insurance deductible (which limits you to only 1 pair every year or so) For the price of what you pay, even at Costco, for frames n' lenses, you can buy 10 pairs and try out myriad colors and styles. You could have 1 pair for every outfit you wear. Shipping is a flat fee. They are not like american opticians that force you to have a valid prescription (even if it hasn't changed in 20 years) and pay 70-200 bucks for the damn checkup on top of buying glasses.
Most of the styles have more than 1 color of frames. Make sure to measure your face properly, and compare the sizes of the glasses. All the frames have measurements listed. I bought a pair that I thought were large, and they ended up being tiny thin punkish glasses that didn't work well for sunglasses. But, they were 9 bucks so I didn't care. I have 4 pairs now, and they all fit well.
I would suggest going to an optician to get the nose pieces adjusted (costco or any optician will do it for free, they don't know that the frames aren't theirs), or buying a pair of cheapo eyeglasses pliers online so you can tweak them properly.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
cheap eyeglasses
Labels:
bargain,
cheap,
eyeglasses,
inexpensive,
money,
optical,
ripoff,
save,
zenni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment