My Vibram's were very comfortable, I used them for walking everywhere, and even used them on the treadmill at the gym. The problem is, they've developed an awful funk. My feet generally don't smell (unless I'm camping or doing something where my feet n' shoes stay damp for days) and the Vibrams went from smelling like rubber and new shoe smell to 'gakk' in 48 hours.
So I've been trying to get the smell out of them. I read various forum and tried several fixes.
In order:
- Left them to dry in the sun for a few days - nope
- Washed them w/ detergent (you can throw them in the washing mashine) then in the sun to dry -nada
- Soaked in bleach and warm water for 3 hours, then 2 days in the sun. May have not left them long enough, or the bleach was a weak solution, as I was afraid that the bleach would damage them - nyet
- Soaked them in 5 c. white vinegar and 4 c. hot water, then 2 days in the sun - nein
- Soaked in near boiling water and very strong salt solution, still in the sun
If this doesn't do it, I'm just calling Vibram. The shoes shouldn't have to be out of commission for 2 weeks while I try to figure this out. It should be a simple solution. I'll give them 1 more day then try them. Maybe I'll get some toe socks from Sock Dreams to see if that works. It's the season for cute socks anyway, and it's high time I got some soft sexy socks.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment