Friday, October 3, 2008

Vibram 5fingers

My feet don't normally smell bad, though on rare occasion, when it's a long hot day, and my feet are damp, they get smell. I have been wearing the Vibram's every day. I don't know if they are not drying out between wearings, or that the rubber bottoms just don't let my feet breath enough, but man they are nasty.

I soaked them in a spot of bleach and some laundry soap, and let them dry for 2 days, and it wasn't enough. They are now soaking in a lot of white vinegar and a little water, hopefully after a couple days drying in the sun they will be back to normal.

They are suppose to be coated with an antimicrobal film, but that certainly hasn't made a difference. I wanted these to be my every day walking shoes, but they may be relegated to the hiking and outdoor sports section of my closet.

I'm going to get some toe socks to see if they absorb the sweat and make a difference.

No comments: